NEPHROLOGY TODAY BLOG
Safely Reopening Your Medical Practice
You may be starting to open your practice backup and need to evaluate the efficiency of running your practice. There are so many things to figure out to ensure that your patients receive the best care that you’re able to give. But in order to keep giving patients the best care, you need to know the guidelines to make sure your practice is running as safely and smoothly as possible.
Contact Tower today for more information regarding technology support for your practice. Please contact Tower Physicians Solutions at 630-243-5731 or email us at info@TowerPS.com Learn more at: https://towerps.com
To help you with that, we have compiled seven ways to help you keep your staff and patients safe during this transition period.
1. Schedule in-person visits according to medical priority. Consider continued telehealth visits for patients at high risk for COVID-19 who don’t need to be seen in person.
2. Screen healthcare personnel daily for symptoms/travel/contacts relevant to COVID-19. Any unprotected occupational exposure by staff members should be assessed and monitored. MORE...
3. Follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for patient COVID-19 screening upon appointment scheduling and on day of appointment.MORE...
4. Avoid patient-to-patient contact by considering separate entrance and exit doors, limiting capacity, asking patients to wait in the car, and allowing only one-patient visits. If a patient must be accompanied, screen chaperone for COVID-19. See the CDC’s Outpatient and Ambulatory Care Settings: Responding to Community Transmission of COVID-19 in the United States. MORE...
5. Follow return-to-work guidelines for healthcare workers with confirmed or suspected COVID-19. MORE...
6. Determine staff needs for PPE based on levels of infection in the community, types of patients seen, and types of patient care procedures performed. See guidance from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Contact Tower today for more information. https://towerps.com or 630-243-5731