Now is the Time to Outsource Your Medical Billing & Coding
As the country continues to deal with the public health emergency that’s come with the COVID-19 pandemic, many medical practices had to make the tough decision to downsize their office personnel. There still is much work to be done and with limited resources many practices are looking to outsource their billing-coding during this difficult time. As you face the constant changes and challenges affecting practices during COVID-19, having an experienced medical billing and coding company by your side can help you navigate this time successfully.
Once you partner with Tower Physician Solutions, you do not have to worry about managing your revenue cycle, as our prompt medical coding team will accurately code the services and our billing team will ensure that the claims are reimbursed on time.
Here are some services we can offer you:
Understanding the Latest in Telehealth Guidelines
Over the past four to six weeks, telehealth guidelines have continued to change regularly. Many of the Medicare restrictions surrounding the use of telehealth services have now been lifted during this pandemic. Just a few of the key changes include:
● Physicians will be paid by Medicare for audio-only telephone calls and telehealth services covered have expanded greatly and now even include emergency department visits.
● As of March 1, 2020, and continuing through this public health emergency, physicians will be paid by Medicare for telemedicine services at the same rate as traditional in-person visits, whether the service is related to COVID-19 or not.
● Medical screening exams (MSEs) can now be performed via telehealth visit
● Telehealth services can now be utilized for both established and new patients.
● Cost-sharing can be waived or reduced for telemedicine visits.
● Physicians are now permitted to provide telehealth services to patients from their own homes.
● Established relationships with a patient are no longer a requirement for providing telehealth services.
● Flexibility for telehealth services is now offered so non-HIPPA compliant applications like Skype or FaceTime can be used during this pandemic.
Keep up with New Billing Codes
Many medical practices are already getting used to using the codes for telemedicine services while dealing with the COVID-19 crisis. Along the way, new codes are being introduced for the treatment of COVID-19, as well. New codes have been introduced regularly over the past few weeks, and it’s often difficult for practices to keep up with the implementation of unfamiliar telemedicine codes as well as these new coronavirus-related codes.
Which coronavirus code should be used and when? You’re already fighting a pandemic and outsourcing your billing and coding can help you deal with patients as the company handles the coding for you. A quality medical billing and coding company will be well-versed in all the latest changes, ensuring that coding is handled correctly to ensure you get paid for the services you provide during the coronavirus outbreak.
Medical Auditing and Coding Services
Medical coding is intricate, complicated and highly-visible, with even the slightest coding error or backlog causing a slowdown in cash flow and increase in accounts receivable. Internal medical audits help reduce risk and increase revenue by ensuring codes and supporting documentation is optimal.
Tower offers coding and audit services with flexibility to meet the needs of our customers. We can customize a package of coding services to address complete or partial outsourcing, in support of either temporary or long-range needs. By outsourcing your billing and coding, you have the chance to put all your focus on your patients and transform your office to a place that offers telehealth services. The entire world has changed within the past couple of months, and the way care is offered has changed along with it. Now is the time you need to focus all of your attention on providing the care patients need while you have a quality billing and coding company working with you to deal with all your billing and coding needs.
More than ever, we need to work together to support the health of our patients and practices. Contact us today to learn more about our billing and coding services or for a free practice assessment.
Please contact Tower Physicians Solutions at 630-243-5731 or email us at info@TowerPS.com Learn more at: https://towerps.com Contact Tower today for more information regarding practice consolidation.
Give us a call and we can have a conversation to learn more and find out how Tower by NANI might help your practice.
Contact us now for a FREE practice assessment.
Please contact Tower Physicians Solutions at 630-243-5731 or email us at info@TowerPS.com
Learn more at:https://towerps.com Contact Tower today for more information.